Breaking News:Michael Davies signs

I am a bit nervous about joining a forum

An Heavily moderated and trial guest area, provided for Non Members/Guests to get a feel of the forum and maybe ask forum members and Admin questions regarding access and membership..

Moderators: Mart, Jayboy, mark

Wallflower

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:35 am

I really am a nervous and shy person, can I join the forum to only read? :oops:

Greenbunch
Flag: England

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:24 am

Anonymous wrote:I really am a nervous and shy person, can I join the forum to only read? :oops:
Of course you can join and read only.

On the up, most of us started like you want to. Nervous and shy! That's fine, but I dare bet that once you see some of the comments and opinions on here, it won't be long before you give your input to Steeltalk. Don't worry, have a go!

It's your opinion, and that's fine to. If we all agreed it would be a dull world plus we all see and read the game differently. If people attack your view, try not to take it personally, I'm sure none of us mean to be rude etc.

Be careful about your posts though! I have run foul of how I interpret mine and others written word. What you feel is a reasonable statement, others may interpret it differently.

Then just stick to the rules of the forum and you will be fine. If not Jay, Mart and Mark will support you or kick you up the bum if you overstep the rules.

Finally Welcome, enjoy and hope to see your comments ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Happily retired, 49 years worked. Experiences I have,. Opinions I have. :mrgreen:

Mart
Flag: Poland

Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:41 pm

You'll probably find, as with most forums, that only about 10% - 15% of the membership spends time typing and posting on a regular basis.
The other 85% come into the bracket of read only or (possibly) post only once.
Join up and see how you go. If you just want to sit and read, then do so, if you eventually feel as if you want to join in with any debate or game thread, or the occasional daft fun threads we get, then it is entirely your choice.

Mart.
July 9th, 2010.

A day to remember.

:thumbup:

Jayboy
Site Admin

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Above all enjoy yourself, Its maybe worth remembering, as Mart says, that for every 1 post there are 10-15 members reading it, so just because it doesn't always get a response, it certainly doesn't mean, nobody noticed, the club also reads the forum avidly.. and they know better than everyone that a good percentage of their weekly fans that attend games week in week out read this forum and of course that as an influence on their thinking too.. out stat figures shot a ver high percentage of our total members (725 at moment) (Our last number before we developed the new forum was over 3000) read the forum frequently..

Jonathan Harrison
Flag: Great Britain

Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:12 am

I don't know how relevant this thread still is since it's been a few days but I thought I'd just write a brief comment. I mainly just read the forum to be honest, I come on at least once a day just to read the comments and see what my fellow Steelers fans think about various topics. I rarely comment though as either I feel other comments have covered everything I want to say in my own comment or I just don't feel I have anything I necessarily want to say. Recently I have been commenting because there's stuff happening at the moment that I really do care about and want to have a say about it.

There is no pressure though and the people on the forum are generally a good bunch. We have some disagreements but who doesn't? And, they usually resolve themselves in a way that is satisfactory to all. We also have a great moderation team who put in way too much effort to ensure that the forum runs as smoothly as possible.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that you can do whatever you want if you choose to join the forum. I first joined years ago after having the same feelings of hesitation and I do not regret it at all. It really is great to read/comment on the thoughts of other fans!

neiltandy69

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:09 pm

the great thing here, is that everybodys opinions, whether you agree or dont, make for great reading.
there a really good bunch on here, lot of diverse characters, who love their club and hockey.
it makes for liveley reading at times, and is all in good humor, and no malice.
so hope you join up, and look forward to reading your comments.
Love life, love hockey.
:sticks: :sticks: :sticks:

wallflower

Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:35 pm

I joined, I used a different name, as I plan to just read for now, thank you..

Jayboy
Site Admin

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:39 pm

Good on you...

Jay

• Information