GAME THREAD: Devils v. Steelers. Sat, 18th Jan.

The main chat area for hockey related discussion

Moderator: Mods

Mart

First part of what could be a heavy weekend.

A trip to Welshishland.

8-)
smbmetal
Regular Poster (Verified)

This is a must win game for me. Cardiff have a lot of games in hand. A win here will help put some pressure on them.

Lose this one and we will make our task of trying to win the league much more difficult.
SteelerBlade

Can only see another loss away to the league's best side. Can see them winning the league comfortably in the end with ironically their worst side in recent years. Says a lot about the overall league quality!

They're just too big, fast & physical for everyone.
"If you wish for peace prepare for war"
Jayboy
Site Admin

Not true... they are good, that’s part is true but not invincible. They have lost some surprising games this season already and they will do again down the stretch... Thinking we’re beat before we even play them is not the way to take them on... I doubt The team inc Fox think they are just too big, fast and psychical for everyone..
Morpheous

SteelerBlade wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:30 am
Can only see another loss away to the league's best side. Can see them winning the league comfortably in the end with ironically their worst side in recent years. Says a lot about the overall league quality!

They're just too big, fast & physical for everyone.
We’re playing a lot better now than the last time we played them. If we wasn’t plagued with injuries I’d be hoping we would smash them. But even with our injuries we are now a better team and the guys coming in are playing well and starting to gel. We’re scoring for fun too, Duba playing well and our goals for/against much better than theirs. No denying they are a very good team! I have this a close game. But deffo not ruling us out.
Rich P

We just need to be focused from puck drop and play our game for a full 60. Anything less and it could be a tough night. It’s about time the tide turned, although I’d be willing for the first win in their barn to save until if we face them in the CC final!
I Love Hockey Like a Fat Kid Loves Cake!
welshcake

You need to use your pace and play a high tempo game. We are a hard team to beat when we get to dictate the pace of a game. Guildford have given us a bit of trouble the last couple of seasons playing that way. I'm expecting a cracker of a game though and think there is a bit more pressure on the Steelers to get the win.
smbmetal

Stream gone off already. Bad gateway error.
smbmetal

1-0 end of the first for Cardiff. A dart from a face off win.

Decent game so far. Fairly even.