GAME THREAD: Steelers v. Giants. Sun, 19th Jan.

The main chat area for hockey related discussion

Moderator: Mods

Mart

And the Irish turn up here for the second big game this weekend.

Fingers crossed.

:shock:
smbmetal
Regular Poster (Verified)

Another tough game after no doubt a tough night in Cardiff the night before.

We need a 4 point weekend. If we manage to beat Cardiff and lose this one, I don't think that really helps our cause.

These are the games which will show what the team is made of. It's certainly improved massively since the early season, can it go one step further with a win here and hopefully a 4 point weekend?
NinjaBreadMark

smbmetal wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:52 am
Another tough game after no doubt a tough night in Cardiff the night before.

We need a 4 point weekend. If we manage to beat Cardiff and lose this one, I don't think that really helps our cause.

These are the games which will show what the team is made of. It's certainly improved massively since the early season, can it go one step further with a win here and hopefully a 4 point weekend?
A 4 point weekend here would be massive, and as much as I'd hate to lose at home, if I was told it was going to be a split weekend, I think I'd much rather us get the 2 points in Cardiff.

I know any injury isn't good for us, and I can't see DeLuca being back for the weekend after his injury against Glasgow, but we have lots of firepower amongst the team, so to get the D-men back would be a bigger boost I think.
SteelerBlade

Certainly need a better level of performance than the away fixture. That was poor for our standards so far.

Belfast tend to play more defensive and less physical away from home so that should work in our favour.

Our mounting injury list won't help though. Desperately need Bettauer and Hrabal back soon.
"If you wish for peace prepare for war"